Non lucrative visa (Visado no-lucrativo)
What are the conditions to be assigned the Non-lucrative visa (process done in home country):
- to have NON-EU nationality
- no criminal record in Spain or in country of previous residence
- not to be illegally in Spain
- not to have prohibited the entry to spain
- show sufficient funds (approx. 2130€/month)
- to have health insurance contracted with company that is autorized to operete in Spain
- Not suffer from any diseases that may have serious public health implications
What are the general requirements for the application of the non-lucrative visa (when you apply in the consulate that corresponds to your home address the requirements might vary):
- passport valid at least 1 year
- criminal record (for last 5 years)
- show enough funds to maintain yourself in Spain
- health insurance
- medical certificate
All documents should be legalised and translated to Spanish (or Catalan).
The full information about obtaining non-lucrative visa can be found here (in Spanish)
The application for non-lucrative visa is done at Spanish embassy in the home country or country of residence always BEFORE coming to Spain.
Once you have your Non-Lucrative visa in your passport and you are in Barcelona, what are the next steps? Here is were we can fully help you and guide you threw the last piece of the immigration puzzle.
Within one month of your arrival to Barcelona you should apply for your TIE card (tarjeta de identidad de extranjero), which will be valid for one year.
So what you need to do is:
- Get an appointment in the immigration office on this website: https://sede.administracionespublicas.gob.es/icpplus/citar
- The day of the appointment present the required documents and give your fingerprints
- Pick up your TIE card after one month from the application
If you are already a holder of the TIE card and the validity is running out. You can renew your non-lucrative residency card for next two years (applying 2 month prior or up to 3 month after the expiry date). We can help you with the non-lucrative residency renewal as well.
NIE Barcelona can help you with preparing the documents, getting the appointment for you and accompanying you to the immigration office. Contact us by e-mail or filling out the application form.